Gateshead Soul Committee meeting on 17th April, 2019
Pelaw Social Club
Attendees: Bernard McWilliams, David Gaddess, David Kenny, Ross Black, Tracie Wilson, Emily Fawcus, Paula Chapman, Alan Weddle, Loius Avery, Ken Richardson, Roy Best, Kevin Youll, Josh Youll, Ronnie Spraggon, David Allen, Sam Jupp, Mark Walton, Steven Thornton
Apologies: Tony Carter, Karl McInnes, Ken Richardson, Neil Pinkerton
A brief summary of the discussion:
- RB updated on membership - just under 50 people have signed up, a couple have yet to arrange their standing orders. BM stressed that to be a member of the committee you must be a full member of the association
- Events - tickets are now on sale for the end of season event April 27th Pelaw Social Club. All members who have set up standing orders by April 20th will be eligible for one free ticket (via the guest list). Tickets available at home game on Friday and at Harrogate on Monday. Once we have an idea of numbers we can decide if paying on the door is an option. Pie and pea supper, DJ, awards hosted by Mark Carruthers. Vote for Player and Goal of the season online of via ballot at Friday’s game. Event has been sponsored by LGV Tyne and Wear, a Felling based company. Please like and share their social media. Their logo will appear on posters, flyers and tickets. Donations to raffle still required. Volunteers asked for on night - Roy Best (raffle), Alan Weddle and Steven Thornton (door). Please could all members confirm if they are attending
- Protests - all asked to meet at Grey Nags Head at 2 pm on Good Friday to march to the ground for a protect prior to the game. All to meet outside the cafe area following the game for further vocal but peaceful protests. During game keep the pressure on with chants banners etc. New posters have been ordered and will be available.
- BM gave an update on the present situation concerning the sale of the club. The meeting is called for 25th April following a meeting between owners and FA. Details to follow.
- RS shared the great news that Soul account is now at £3257!