Gateshead Soul Extended Committee meeting on 31st July, 2019
Pelaw Social Club
A brief summary of the discussion:
- We were joined by Scott Ryan of Central Taxis who was key to the survival of the club and brings not only business experience but also links to the wider community. They will be incorporating Gateshead FC into all their marketing (mugs, beer mats etc.). There will be a tie-in with away travel. There are lots of ideas, including ideas for Rooney the Goat involving local dance academies to provide a more entertaining experience on a match day. There will be involved in improving the corporate experience.
- Alan Weddle - Gateshead FC Community Foundation is to be launched and volunteers and trustees are needed. This could possibly be a new organisation rather than rebuilding the existing charity (this is ongoing). Links and networking are in progress. It will be separate from the club but run in conjunction with. Contact Alan, Ross Black or Emily Fawcus for more information.
- Soul Membership - we will be setting a target of 200 members. David Kenny will be creating a series of videos and looking for volunteers to speak on camera about why they joined the Soul and why it is important.
- Fixtures posters and flyers will be produced on a regular basis. Volunteers are required to distribute in their areas.
- Volunteers were asked to help collect match day data to help with future marketing.
- An event is taking place on September 15th at Teams Club, ‘Meet the Gaffers’. Free to Soul Members, £10 to non-members. Details and publicity to follow.
- Discussion on Soul merchandise, pricing and online purchasing. Ideas put forward for badges, Rooney merchandise etc.
- Names on the Team Sheet - £5 individual, £10 business for the whole season. Please see Alan Price. Pitch squares are still available
- Next meetings: Extended Committee 11th September. Open meeting 25th September.